Star Wars Lightsaber

Monday, 9 June 2014

The Flash


The Flash motion test 1.
I was trying to find the best way of displaying a sense of movement through these pieces so I first tried smudging chalk pastels in an attempt to create a blur effect, but I lost a lot of detail through this and in trying to bring that detail back the piece looked too illustrative.



The Flash motion test 2.
My second experiment was to produce a movement drawing using my model's running motion I captured in a video and screen shotted almost like an animation run cycle overlaying the image and painting it with acrylic paints. I got a closer result to what I was after but it still wasn't guite right.



The Flash motion test 3.
My most succesful piece, this painting I used heavy expressive brush strokes and a pallete knife to showcase the movement of The Flash. I added stroked to all the movement the body would make running rather than just spreading the paint to one side. You can see this in the arm on the left how the arm's movement is a different motion to everywhere else

No comments:

Post a Comment